“Come hungry for this tour. You stop by at least ten places to eat in Pikes. Each is unique, and we covered a wide array of foods from all over the world. Indian,French,Russian, and good ol’ American are just a FEW of the countries one can find at Pikes.
I loved all the samples we received, and you use the tour as a reference for when you come back…because there’s no doubt about it that you’ll be back.
Elleno’s yogurt and Pikes clam chowder were the best things I tried on the tour. I went back to Pikes the next day to eat both because I couldn’t stop thinking about them. So worth it to go back to Seattle and just eat those two everyday.
Marla was the guide and she had a handle on keeping the group together in such a crowded place. Such a nice person and you could tell she loved everything about Seattle and Pikes. She goes in depth about the history of the market and takes you to the gum wall too so you can put your “contribution”. Don’t worry she has hand sanitizer with her. Lol.
Cool too that you get a discount card for all the places we visited, and you get a Savory Seattle Bites reusable bag too!”
–Dan B. from TripAdvisor
“Been living here in the PNW for 10 years now. I visit the Pike Place Market often, and I’ve learned that this place has quite a history – how it all started and how it began to prosper; how WWII greatly affected the market; some of the vendors/shop owners been with the market for decades. That’s just some of its rich history.
Chip, our host, was great. He kept us engaged. The food samples were tasty. It was a very informative, enjoyable, and fun tour. What is better than learning history and enjoying great food at the same time? None.
This tour is a must for everyone – visitors and locals.”
–Joe D. from Seattle, Washington
“We were in Seattle for the first time for a weekend. We loved this company! They were kind enough to book us last-minute. It was a 2 hour tour through the market, with our guide Chip explaining to us the history of the market, pointing out various parts that we may have missed otherwise, and providing some historical photos for reference. We felt that we got a sense of the place just from that alone. Even better, we got to meet some of the vendors, taste their creations, and learn a bit about their stories and how they came to be there. There’s nothing like getting fresh slices of pear from a produce vendor as he tells you a bit about the growing of the fruit. Every place we tried was delicious and we wish we could have stayed longer so that we could revisit them for a full meal. Great time, highly recommended! (Come hungry – the “bites” are nicely-sized portions.)”
–C0nvictTang from San Francisco, California
“OK, I waited too long to book the “freebie” Pike Market Food Tour for 3 of us, husband and granddaughter. So, when I tried to book Seattle Bites it appeared to be unavailable, also. So disappointed. I emailed confirming that possibility. I was contacted by owner, long story short they added a new tour for us!! How cool is that??
Amy met us at The Art Museum – what a delight she is….and it began. She navigated us through the maze that is the incredible Pike’s Market with insider information, interesting and fun stories and many stop for ample and generous samples of absolutely delicious food. I’m so glad it all worked out as it did. Do this for sure. Well worth your time and money!!”
–Ilona S. from Peoria, Arizona
“Amy was our guide for this 2 hour venture…..although “off season” (late September), the market was pretty active and she chose to use the little radio receiver devices. This proved to be a great idea because u could hear hear her even when standing 10-15 feet away – never had to strain to understand what was going on. The food on the tour was fresh, tasty, and varied (seafood to chowder to flatbread and more!). The vendors were prepared for our group of 5 and we never had to wait for the samples.
The market is vast and using this tour to gain orientation was perfect. Learning about the history of the place was enlightening and made it more interesting. Post-tour we spent another couple of hours on our own to savor more of the sights, sounds, and aromas!”
–Teddyjackeddy M. from Houston, Texas
WINNER, King 5’s Evening Magazine Best of Western Washington
“If your time is short, sample nine of Seattle’s favourite cuisines with Seattle Bites Food Tours. You’ll relish the mix of international flavours that satisfy local appetites.
Chomp on German gourmet sausages, Nutella crepes, Mexican tacos and wood-smoked BBQ brisket, between sips of spiced berry lassi. This is one of the most delicious things to see and do in Seattle.”
• The food was both spectacular and filling. There was more than enough food to keep even the biggest appetite satisfied. Frank – Cincinnati, OH
• All the food was delicious. Really a treat! I have been to Pike Place Market many times and had no idea of the hidden culinary gems until now! Margaret – Bellevue, WA
• I’m so glad we didn’t eat breakfast, because all the food tastings were very generous. We certainly didn’t need lunch that day! Mary – Kansas City, MO
The History, The Merchants
- We loved hearing from the store owners/managers/chefs themselves. It gave us a feeling of importance and provided us a real connection to each place and it was obvious that the merchants and Jan Marie have a great rapport which made the tour fun. Gretchen & John – Minneapolis, MN
- Seattle Bites Food Tours was a great way to really experience Pike Place Market and learn about the history (all while eating everything from the best pastrami sandwich I’ve ever had to the freshest, organic fruit from the region.) Pamela – Ballard, WA
- It was great to have the merchants tell us their stories about being in the market – what an added bonus to get to know a little about the people who make the market tick. Chris – Denver, CO
The Tour Hosts
- I have been on many tours but none has had a guide like Marla that I enjoyed more. She was so attentive and engaging and didn’t miss a thing. She made my husband’s birthday extra special by adding a candle to his crepes and doing a sing-along. Just a special touch! Everything was top notch! Julie – Studio City, CA
- Our tour guide was informative and fun. She had so much about Seattle and food/cooking to share. I loved her informal style and lack of script. She really added a special flavor. Angela & Mike – Anaheim Hills, CA
- This was the best money I’ve ever spent for a guided tour! You can’t beat this 2.5 hour tour complete with eating stops along the whole way! My guide made it all the more enjoyable. She was effervescent and personable. She spoke clearly and paced the walking tour perfectly for all in the group. – Houston, TX
What Locals Say…
- Thank you Jan Marie and Seattle Bites for a fun and rare view of Seattle. I have lived in the area for 9 years and am amazed at the wonderful, unique, delicious and fun places you showed us. Gail – North Bend, WA
- Seattle Bites is top on my list of fun things to do in Seattle. From beginning to end the tour was well organized, professional and definitely worth the money and time! Kelly – Mercer Island, WA
- I had such an enjoyable morning with Kristin and can’t wait to take another tour! This was definitely money well spent. We all agreed that when we have out of town guests we’re calling for a Seattle Bites tour. Liz – Fall City, WA
- I’ve lived here for 18 years and thought I knew the Market. I do, but now I know it a whole lot better. I recommend this tour to locals and visitors a like. Don’t miss it! Patty – Seattle, WA
- I’ve been living in Washington for 5 yrs now and I cannot believe I just took this tour now! It was actually a birthday present for my boyfriend and he loved it! It was a great experience and it gives you a whole new perspective of the market. You learn a lot…taste a lot…and wanna come back for more . . . and it was worth all the calories!! Bremerton, WA
What Groups Say…
- “Wonderful! fairly priced; easy to work with; first class; best outing our group took; we would do it again in a minute.”
- “Wonderful: Mark epitomizes exceptional customer service; he was great to work with and extremely accommodating. First class from the first call to the follow-up. The best outing our group has taken; we would do it again in a minute.”